- About Coverfox
Disclaimer: The above mentioned prices are for a 2 year old Hero Honda Karizma R 223 CC, registered in Navi Mumbai & previous policy has expired.
Here is a list of top bike insurance companies along Cashless Garage & Incurred Claim Ratio 2019 - 2020
You must compare two-wheeler insurance companies when looking to buy bike insurance online. To make the best decision, the following parameters must be considered:
1. Claim Settlement Ratio: The claim settlement ratio reflects how many claims were processed by the insurance company in one financial year, out of the total received. A higher claim settlement ratio indicates greater chances of your claims getting met at the time of an accident. Hence, the claim settlement ratio must be looked upon when comparing two-wheeler insurance companies.
2. Cashless Garages Network: Network garages are service outlets associated with the two-wheeler insurance company, which provide cashless repair service at the time of an accident. These cashless repairs are hassle-free and help you avoid pressure on your picket in case of a sudden mishap. To avail of cashless services, ensure to check the cashless network garages of the insurance provider.
3. Coverage: The primary purpose of a bike insurance policy is to ensure minimal financial loss in case of a liability caused by accident or theft. Hence, the coverage provided by the insurance company is one of the crucial aspects of selecting two-wheeler vehicle insurance. The policy must provide sufficient coverage that fulfils your insurance requirements.
4. Policy Tenure: IRDAI has amended the two-wheeler insurance regulations to require that every new two-wheeler be issued with a five-year long-term bike insurance policy. This tenure is set for third party liability insurance and is reduced down to three years in case of the comprehensive insurance policy. Situations are unpredictable and it is always advisable to invest in a bike insurance policy for longer terms to keep you financially safe from unforeseen liabilities. In case you are unhappy with your two-wheeler insurance company, you can shift to a new insurer at the time of renewing bike insurance online.
5. Add-On Covers: Add-on covers provide additional coverage than those offered by the main two-wheeler vehicle insurance. These add-ons provide significant benefits and come with an increase in your bike insurance premium. While buying bike insurance online, you should consider if the company is offering your desired add-ons or not.
6. Premium: The simplest way of choosing a two-wheeler insurance policy is to select the one which offers maximum benefits in the lowest bike insurance premium. A policy that fits in your budget shall be decided by the amount of premium you are required to pay. The amount of bike insurance premium is directly affected by various factors like the engine of your bike, make and model of your vehicle, mileage covered etc.
7. Customer Support: Another factor when zeroing down a two-wheeler insurance company is the availability and quality of its customer care service. You should select an insurance company that offers 24-hour customer care service. So that you can easily address your issues and receive assistance anytime you require it.
There are a number of parameters to keep in mind as every individual requirement is different from the other. Following are the key parameters which you must consider when choosing a two wheeler insurance policy.
It is the percentage of claims settled by a Two Wheeler insurance company out of the total number of claims received by it in a financial year. The reputation of the Two- wheeler Insurance company is determined by its highest rate of claim settlement ratio . Always go for the highest claim settlement ratio insurance companies.
All the Two Wheeler insurance companies are connected with a network of garages at which it allows cashless claim facilities. While opting for Two Wheeler insurance company, it is essential to check which all garages (especially the local ones ) are associated with the Two Wheeler Insurance Company.
Two-wheeler Insurance add-on covers are the additional covers which can be selected combined with own-damage and comprehensive Two Wheeler insurance plans. These add-ons are available at extremely low rates. They are pocket friendly and allow you to have maximum coverage. Go for those Two Wheeler Insurance companies only which offer the add- on covers.
Choose the Insurance company who has a 24*7 customer support service. Such Insurance Companies can go beyond limits to explore ways and provide you the best assistance without any hassle.
Check if you can file an online claim. This will save you a lot of time and effort in case of an emergency.
Last but not the least, while choosing a bike insurance company, we must always keep in mind regarding the policy premium as the cubic capacity (CC) of the bike’s engine will be the prime determinant of the premium. As per the India Motor Tariff, there are three categories: 0-150CC, 150-350C, and 350CC and above. And the policy premium will depend on the category your bike belongs to. Hence higher the engine capacity, the more will be the policy premium.
Let us help you guide here buy two wheeler Insurance plan. You can You may choose to apply for a third party liability or comprehensive Two Wheeler insurance policy. Here is a step by step guide for buying two wheeler insurance on Coverfox. Please follow these easy steps:
This is a Claims Assistance service. You can use this facility to get your damaged car repaired and the claims processed.
For More Details Two Wheeler Insurance Plans