Have you ever wanted to get away from the stress of daily life by taking a long drive on your bike? Millions like you have wanted to take a break and live their dream of taking off on their bikes!
However, there are certain points to bear in mind before you suddenly decide to take off! A long drive on a bike is not just about where you want to go and how you want to go.
Do you know if your bike is in a condition to survive this trip? There are two important aspects worth taking into consideration before you think of a long drive. One, do you have bike insurance for any emergencies that might occur during the trip. Two, have you checked your bike for tyre pressure, battery levels, engine oil, and so on?
You might be in an unknown place when all of a sudden there is an accident. Getting your bike towed for repairs and the overall cost entails a lot of hassles. Having comprehensive bike insurance will ensure that you can claim all damages to your bike.
As far as the maintenance aspect is concerned, you will not find mechanics everywhere. The nearest garage might be far away. Give your bike a regular maintenance check done before you start your long drive.
Tips to Maintain Your Bike
- Know Your Bike: If you know your bike, you will be an efficient rider and minimize the wear and tear to the bike. Knowing the basic maintenance of your bike will help during a long drive. When you take the right precautions, you will have lesser problems with your bike.
- Wheels and Tyres: If you want to ensure that your tyres are in good condition, then check the tyre pressure before your trip. It's important for your safety as well. You should know what the tyre pressure for your bike is. Proper wheel alignment is also essential for a longer tyre life. If your destination has a higher temperature, your tyres will expand.
- Engine Oil: If your engine oil is not in proper condition, you could damage the engine of your bike. Get an expert opinion regarding the quality of the engine oil and whether it will survive a long trip or not.
- First-Aid Kit: You could prevent a lot of serious health problems if small wounds and cuts are not treated immediately with a first-aid kit. Rashes could be a problem on long drives, so an anti-fungal powder is a must.
- Air Filter: If you want to protect your cylinders and internal bearings of your bike, then ensure that your air filter is clean. Long distant trips could involve more dirt and dust, so a clean air filter is important.
- Electricals Including Battery: For your bike to perform at its full potential, the battery charge should be checked periodically. The battery loses charge on ideal usage, so ensure a full charge. Headlights and other electricals should also be checked.
- Bike Insurance: You could be in trouble with the law if your bike insurance is not in order. Apart from that, in case of accidents, you won't be protected by personal accident liability or other features that come with bike insurance.
Why You Need Bike Insurance for Long Drives
While maintenance will ensure that your bike functions at full capacity and gives you the thrill you are looking for, comprehensive bike insurance gives you the peace of mind in case something goes wrong.
Here are some strong reasons for bike insurance:
- No Penalty: As riding a bike without bike insurance is a punishable offence under the Motor Vehicles Act, if you are insured, you save yourself from a considerable penalty.
- Competitive Premium: There are lots of online insurers who are offering comprehensive bike insurance. Decide what features you need from comprehensive bike insurance and then go online to find out which insurer is offering you these features, including add-ons to you at the best price. Buying comprehensive bike insurance online gives you the option of comparing the costs and benefits of multiple policies.
- Protection Against Risk: Bike insurance has features like third party liability and optional personal accident cover. If there is an accident where there is third party person or property damage, you are covered by bike insurance.
With personal accident cover, your family will receive financial compensation in case of your death.
The bike is protected against theft, damage due to fire or natural disasters if you have comprehensive bike insurance.
The emergency assistance cover in comprehensive bike insurance will ensure that you don't have to wait long to get help.
Some insurers offer medical cover in bike insurance. This will take care of high hospitalization costs. For this, you need to take a comprehensive insurance cover.
- Huge Savings: Wear and tear of parts are also covered by bike insurance but under zero depreciation add-on, you will get the full value of the claim, and the depreciation will not be taken into account.
Damage to third party person or property involves huge costs, but with bike insurance, you will be reimbursed the full price payable to the third party along with legal fees.
- No-Claim Bonus: You get huge discounts on annual premiums for bike insurance through a no-claim bonus. This bonus can go up as high as 50% if you make no claims against your policy.
- Easy Purchase and Renewal: If you are at least 18 years old you are eligible to buy a bike, you can get bike insurance. The online purchase and renewal of bike insurance are fast and convenient. You don't need to run after agents or wait in the queue.
All you need to do is find out the premium payable for the bike insurance through the online premium calculator and pay the premium.
The online process just needs a few personal details, and some documents need to be uploaded. The entire process only takes a few minutes. Renewal is easy, even if your insurance has expired.
Get Ready for a Smooth Ride with Bike Insurance
Long drives on your dream bike should be fun, and with bike insurance, you can ride with a peace of mind! Take care of your bike, select the right bike insurance, and you're ready to go! Happy Riding!
Recommended Link: A First-Time Bike Insurance Buyer's Guide